This project is a base for the Smart ID project which will feature 4D Systems' 3.2" gen4 HMI display module. The Smart ID will have a slideshow which contains QR codes for the 4D Makers website, Facebook page, Twitter page and blog site.
We used a website to generate the necessary QR codes used for the program.
Users can slide navigate to which QR code image they prefer to show on the ID.
Build the circuit as shown in the diagram.
- Open the project using Workshop 4. This project uses the Visi Environment.
Note: Download the project file here.
- You can modify the properties of each widget.
- Click on the “Compile” button.
Note: This step could be skipped. However, compiling is essential for debugging purposes.
- Connect the display to the PC using uUSB-PA5 and a mini USB cable. Make sure that you are connected to the right port. The red button indicates that the device is not connected and the blue button indicates that the device is connected to the right port.
- Now click on the “Comp n Load” button.
Workshop 4 will prompt you to select a drive to copy the image files to a uSD Card. After selecting the correct drive, click OK.
When the microSD card is not yet inserted, this message will appear on your gen4 display:
After inserting your micro SD card this GUI should appear on the gen4 display: